Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Perspective Day



Thanksgiving is great. An abundance of food, family, and a day off from work gives us pause to be thankful for all of the good things in life. But how long do those warm feelings last? For me, it's about twelve hours. One by one, the stressors come back whether it’s crowds at the mall or work that can’t wait until Monday. In no time at all, I lose the perspective I had less than twenty-four hours ago.

So today, I’m trying to focus on the reasons I have to be thankful to see how long I can go before I get stressed out about the fake ads I have to make or how my car looks or something else equally frivolous. I’m going to try to be thankful for more than one day a year. For the rest of the year, I'm going to be thankful:

Because there is always enough food to eat.



For Mema and her ice cream serving knife.


For football (even if it is NFL football).


For good eyesight and little sisters.


For leftovers.


For bald spots.


And for Tryptophan.

Keeping perspective on how good you've got it helps make daily life easier. Not to mention it helps you to treat the people around you with more kindnesss, patience, compassion, and the list goes on. This year, I'm going to use Thanksgiving as a springboard to keep perspective on life year-round. I certainly have a lot to be thankful for.

No comments: