Monday, November 27, 2006

Bob Garfield and Zune

Bob Garfield comments on Zune's chances of cutting into Apple's market share. Whether you agree with him or not, one thing is for sure: he is a better writer than I am.

Mr. Garfield seems to like 72andSunny's work for Zune. Certainly, within the context he creates the work could be considered successful. Mr. Garfield has vast experience commenting on the advertising industry, but he - and forgive me for sounding like a whipper-snapper - is too old. I hate to discount his comments on the creative based on age alone, but in this case I think being young counts. The ads are "infectious" to him because he is too old to see through them. I don't care what anyone says, documentary style footage of the idealized target market in contrieved cool settings doesn't constitute a creative execution.

No comments: